There are 6 rules which govern a PodCamp. In order for PodCamp Ohio to meet the terms in the PodCamp Foundation License, the following rules must be followed.
- All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rock star.
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
- All attendees must be allowed to participate. (subject to limitations of physical space, of course)
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet – if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do something else.
- The event must be new-media focused – blogging, podcasting, social networking, video on the net.
- The financials of a PodCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.
Additionally, sessions and events are strongly encouraged to be free to attend to allow as many people to attend as possible.